Friday, January 9, 2009

Fallout 3 is a drug

I've now invested 36 hours into it, give or take. Usually I'll give a game an hour or two, and even if I recognize quality in it, something or other in it will not be compelling enough to tempt me further. F3 certainly has no shortage of little faults, but I find the overall experience wonderfully compelling. It's like one of those old Choose Your Own Adventure books, but well-written and featuring slow-motion heads seperating from mutant bodies. The narrative is wound into the gameplay, rather than beating itself over your head MGS style. I like that.
I'm still managing to be productive, and I've got something pretty cool coming up next week, that'll also mean a small change to this blog. I've just given up sleep, that's all. And eating. I'm not an addict, really.

No comments: